We need you!
Become a TEDxZurich Speaker
TEDxZurich isn’t a typical conference. The TEDx audience has high expectations of the speakers. Our speaker liaison team works with speakers well in advance of the conference to help shape a presentation that will succeed on the TEDx stage.
If you have an idea or know someone with an idea that belongs on the TEDx stage, we want to hear from you. We would kindly ask you to email us to email@example.com to make your suggestion for a future TEDx Conference.
- Please send us a short essay with a rough draft of your idea (approx 250-300 words).
- A video of the speaker presenting the idea (approx 5 min). We reserve the right to not review nominations and/or submissions unless there is a teaser video accompanying your written draft.
Wanted: Visual Design and UI Associate (extended deadline: April 11th, 2021)
Want to contribute to the team behind TEDxZurich working to create new days of wonder, inspiration and awe?
TEDxZurich is part of the global TEDx program of self-organized events that bring people together in the spirit of ideas worth spreading and organizing events where TED Talk videos and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection.
Are you a perfect fit?
- You want to make a difference to our city, our country and the world we live in
- You believe in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world
- You want to contribute in creating free knowledge from our local most inspired thinkers and a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other, both online and at TEDxZurich events
- You are keen to learn, enjoy and live an amazing experience as a team
- You are driven, organized, versatile, and possess a positive, hands-on attitude
- You have a passion for TED and volunteering activities to expand your knowledge and industry experience
Work within the Marketing and Communications team to help us with our visual design activities and needs throughout the year.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside two of our internal creative minds, assisting them with the design demands of the wider TEDxZurich organisation.
Website: ideally some UI and UX knowledge and a passion for digital experiences, with an eye for detail and empathy towards our users and their needs throughout their digital journeys in our channels. Experience in using Elementor (a wordpress visual website builder that requires little to no coding) would be a plus.
Social Media and Newsletter: the creation of imagery for our online digital channels which are creative, fun and can engage an audience, expanding the reach of the TEDxZurich brand design
Main event activities: support the team in the creation of the yearly booklet, the creation of the main event slide deck and supporting any creative ideas that will enhance the overall TEDx experience.
We believe in continuous growth and improvement and would like this opportunity to benefit you by allowing room for expanding on your already existing skills and knowledge
You have a strong eye for design which would be seen in your portfolio of work. We are open to the amount of industry experience you may have been exposed to.
We are a team of volunteers and depend on the commitment of each one to make TEDxZurich a success every year. You are willing to invest time (up to 3-9 hours per week) and commit to help the team beyond your main responsibilities. You will attend monthly team meetings, other ad hoc meetings based on needs and be reachable for the internal team communication throughout the year.
- Expand your horizons and gain insights into new fields
- Work with an enthusiastic, spirited team
- Contribute to a great community vision
- Meet organizations and companies across Switzerland and build your network
- Gain experience with a global recognized organization
- Participate in all TEDxZurich events
If the position appeals to you and you have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience, please share your portfolio or a sample of your work, your CV and a short cover letter to L.A. Worrell, firstname.lastname@example.org and Francesca Cattaneo, email@example.com by 26.03.2021.