Want to contribute to the team behind TEDxZurich working the full year to create days of wonder, inspiration and awe in the future? Are you a perfect fit?
For further information on the position and how to apply, read the Job Descriptions. If there are no open positions available but you feel you can offer something to the TEDxZurich team, please email us at info(at)tedxzurich.com
Wanted: Speaker Associate (deadline: March 31st, 2020)
Want to contribute to the team behind TEDxZurich working to create a new day of wonder, inspiration and awe in 2020?
TEDxZurich is part of the global TEDx program of self-organized events that bring people together in the spirit of ideas worth spreading and organizing events where TEDTalks and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection.
Are you a perfect fit?
- You want to make a difference to our city, our country and the world we live in
- You are keen to learn, enjoy and live an amazing experience as a team
- You are a critical thinker
- You are driven, organized, versatile, self-motivated and possess a positive, hands-on attitude
- Main Responsibilities
- Speaker research, review, and recruiting
- Speaker selection and coaching (1:1 meetings with your speakers and update meetings with the whole speaker team)
- Preparation of speaker metadata (title, bio, speaker release forms, etc.) for distribution to rest-of-team for fundraising, marketing, event booklet, etc.
- Speaker support prior to and on the day-of event
- Give a voice to ideas you think are worth sharing
- Work together with diverse, motivated and awesome team members to expand your horizons and build up your network
- Have the opportunity to meet and work with fascinating people
- Gain experience in a globally recognized organization
- Attend all TEDxZurich events
We are a team of volunteers and depend on the commitment of each to make TEDxZurich a success every year. You should be willing to invest time and commit to help the team beyond your main responsibilities. You will attend regular team meetings throughout the year and have 1:1 meetings with your speakers to help prepare them for the TEDx stage.
If you feel that you’d be the perfect addition to our team, please send a short motivation letter and your CV to email@example.com by March 31st 2020. We look forward to hearing from you!
March – July
- Find interesting speaker candidates
- Have speaker candidates send in talk drafts for feedback from the speaker team
- Work with speaker candidates on their drafts
July – September
- Regular 1:1 coaching sessions with speakers
- Reports on speaker progress in speaker team meetings
- Speaker rehearsals in front of entire speaker team
- Further speaker practice speaker practice sessions
- Speaker support prior to and day-of event
Wanted: Audience Experience Associate (deadline: March 31st, 2020)
Do you want to contribute to the team behind TEDxZurich working to create new days of wonder, inspiration, and awe in 2020? TEDxZurich is part of the global TEDx program ( www.tedx.com ) of self-organized events that bring people together in the spirit of “ideas worth spreading” at a local community level. At the core of TEDx lies the organization of events where TED video talks and live speakers are combined to spark deep discussion and connection.
Are you a perfect fit?
- Making a difference to our city, our country and the world we live in in YOUR CALL!
- You believe in the POWER OF IDEAS to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world. What else!
- You want to contribute to creating and spreading free knowledge from our local most inspirational thinkers — and support a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other, both online and at TEDxZurich Events (Main Event)
- Positive, hands-on attitude, problem solver with tech skills and fun in trying new stuff, you got it!
- You are a fan of experiences that last, capturing momentum of the event and making it live pre and post event.
- You will be actively co-creating the experiences (e.g. decoration, activities during session breaks, etc) for our upcoming event in November 2020
- You will be an expert team-player taking care of cross-stream communication with and between different streams such as Partnership, Location, Catering, Marketing..
- You will be managing the current pipeline of ideas/projects, finding possible partners/sponsors.
- On the day of the event (and the day before), you will be supporting our operations, supervising the Volunteer teams together with our 2 other team members.
- Expand your horizons and gain insights into new fields
- Work with an enthusiastic, spirited team
- Contribute to a great community vision
- Meet organizations and companies across Switzerland and build your network
- Gain experience with a globally recognized organization
- Participate in all TEDxZurich events
January – May
- Collecting ideas, brainstorming, setting up a framework and timeline
- Ongoing communication with suppliers // we aim for 4hours per week in those months
June – September
- Contribute to organisation of Partnership Momentum; Working closely with the Partnership and Location team to deeply involve partners in the event experience on site; finalising agreements / orders for the main event // we aim for no more than 2hours per week in those months
October – November
- Ongoing supplier and team communication; managing implementation of presence on site; prepare volunteer briefing; ensure content and brand positioning for all communications and collaterals before and at the event; set-up on the day before the main event; supporting Aud.Ex. operations on the day of the event; // all Aud.Ex. team members will be on-site 2 full days
We are a team of volunteers and depend on the commitment of each and everyone to make TEDxZurich a success every year. You are willing to invest time and commit to helping the team beyond your main responsibilities. You will attend monthly team meetings in person and/or online and be reachable for internal team communication throughout the year.
Side note: Our stream is aiming for a main work period (4 hours / week) in April and May and a season for finalising (~2 hours / week) from September – November. This may change accordingly to your skills, the team’s performance and the ideas we come up with.
Ideally we are looking for a person with a background in Project Management and familiar with different tools and a dynamic business environment with a heart for volunteering.
If this makes you buzz, then reach out to us with a short motivation letter and CV to Sara.Leidinger@tedxzurich.com before March 31st, 2020
Nominate an Idea
TEDxZurich isn’t a typical conference. The TEDx audience has high expectations of the speakers. Our speaker liaison team works with speakers well in advance of the conference to help shape a presentation that will succeed on the TEDx stage.
If you have an idea or know someone with an idea that belongs on the TEDx stage, we want to hear from you. Use this form to make your suggestion for a future TEDx Conference.
Do you feel like you have an idea worth sharing?