Want to contribute to the team behind TEDxZurich working the full year to create days of wonder, inspiration and awe in the future? Are you a perfect fit?
For further information on the position and how to apply, read the Job Descriptions. If there are no open positions available but you feel you can offer something to the TEDxZurich team, please email us at info(at)tedxzurich.com
Nominate an Idea
Wanted: Salon Associate (deadline: August 20th, 2020)
Do you want to contribute to the team behind TEDxZurich working to create new days of wonder, inspiration, and awe in 2020? TEDxZurich is part of the global TEDx program (www.tedx.com) of self-organized events that bring people together in the spirit of “ideas worth spreading” at a local community level. At the core of TEDx lies the organization of events where TED video talks and live speakers are combined to spark deep discussions and connections.
Are you a perfect fit?
- Making a difference to our city, our country and the world we live in.
- You believe in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world.
- You want to contribute to creating and spreading free knowledge from our local most inspirational thinkers — and support a community of curious people to engage with ideas and each other, both online and at TEDxZurich Salon events.
- Positive, hands-on attitude, problem solver with tech skills and enjoys trying new things.
- You are a fan of experiences that last, capturing momentum of the event and making it live pre and post event.
- As an All-Rounder, you will actively co-create our TEDxSalon and TEDxWomen end-to-end:
- You bring ideas and help to make them happen
- Scout for speakers and guide some of them in the curation process
- Communication is a key! You will take ownership over communication with some partners as well as artists and speakers
- You will support social media content planning and event communication on occasions
- On the day of the event you will
- Welcome our guests, supervise the Volunteer teams and more
- Help execute the carefully orchestrated tech production from behind the scenes
- Enjoy the event
- Expand your horizons and gain insights into new fields
- Work with an enthusiastic, spirited team
- Meet organizations,companies and participants across Switzerland and build your network
- Gain experience with a globally recognized organization
- Participate in all TEDxZurich events
- TEDx Salon is committed to organize 3 – 4 events per year including TEDxWomen.
- Our team is aiming for a main work period (2-4 hours / week) around February, July, and September through December.
- This may change according to your skills, the team’s performance and the ideas we come up with.
We are a team of volunteers and depend on the commitment of each and everyone to make TEDxZurich a success every year. You are willing to invest time and commit to helping the team beyond your main responsibilities. You will attend monthly team meetings in person and/or online and be reachable for internal team communication throughout the year.
Ideally, we are looking for a person with a background in Project Management, Event Logistics and is familiar with different tools and a dynamic business environment with a heart for volunteering.
If this makes you buzz, then reach out to us with a short recruitment form and attach your CV before August 20th, 2020.
Become a TEDxZurich Speaker
TEDxZurich isn’t a typical conference. The TEDx audience has high expectations of the speakers. Our speaker liaison team works with speakers well in advance of the conference to help shape a presentation that will succeed on the TEDx stage.
If you have an idea or know someone with an idea that belongs on the TEDx stage, we want to hear from you. Our previous form seems to have had a technical glitch so we would kindly ask you to email us to firstname.lastname@example.org to make your suggestion for a future TEDx Conference. Apologies for any inconvenience.
- Please be sure to share a rough draft of your idea (approx 250-300 words).
- A video of the speaker presenting the idea (approx 5 min). We reserve the right to not review nominations and/or submissions unless there is a teaser video accompanying your written draft.