Want to contribute to the team behind TEDxZurich working the full year to create days of wonder, inspiration and awe in the future? Are you a perfect fit?
For further information on the position and how to apply, read the Job Descriptions. If there are no open positions available but you feel you can offer something to the TEDxZurich team, please email us at info(at)tedxzurich.com
Want to contribute to the team behind TEDxZurich working to create new days of wonder, inspiration and awe? TEDxZurich is part of the global TEDx program of self-organized events that bring people together in the spirit of ideas worth spreading and organizing events where TED Talk videos and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection.
Are you a perfect fit?
- You want to make a difference to our city, our country and the world we live in
- You believe in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world
- You want to contribute in creating free knowledge from our local most inspired
thinkers and a community of curious souls to engage with ideas and each other, both
online and at TEDxZurich events
- You are keen to learn, enjoy and live an amazing experience as a team
- You are driven, organized, versatile, and possess a positive, hands-on attitude
- You have volunteered before, ideally for TEDx or another great cause
- Work together with the colleagues in the Partnership team to build relationships and trustful collaboration with partners, that are sustainable and provide the ground for a
long-term exchange with TEDxZurich
- Manage the current partner pipeline, leading negotiations with partners all the way to contract signature
- Facilitate strong and transparent communication throughout the year, including being reachable for the partners, understanding the business needs, creating communication material and updating all partners about the progress of the events
- Contribute with ideas towards continuously improving and professionalizing the work
within the Partnership team
- Work in close collaboration with the Marketing team ensuring the partners’ brand is positioned within the TEDxZurich communication
- Work in close collaboration with the Audience Experience team and the Location team to organize a Partnership Momentum (half-day event with partners), making sure to help implement the on-site presence of partners
We are a team of volunteers and depend on the commitment of each one to make TEDxZurich a success every year. You are willing to invest time (up to 5-10 hours per week) and commit to help the team beyond your main responsibilities. You will attend monthly team meetings and be reachable for the internal team communication throughout the year. Since meetings with partners typically take place during working hours, you have some flexibility in the daytime and you want to contribute to TEDxZurich at least until end of 2020.
- Expand your horizons and gain insights into new fields
- Work with an enthusiastic, spirited team
- Contribute to a great community vision
- Meet organizations and companies across Switzerland and build your network
- Gain experience with a globally recognized organization
- Participate in all TEDxZurich events
January – May
- Securing deals with main partners (80% of budget)
- Securing deals with in-kind partners
- Ongoing partner communication
June – September
- Organizing Partnership Momentum
- Working closely with the Location team and the Audience Experience team to deeply involve partners in the event experience on site
October – November
- Ongoing partner communication and managing implementation of presence on site
- Ensure content and brand positioning for all communications and collaterals before
and at the event
If the position appeals to you and you have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience,
please send your CV and a short cover letter to Hanna Brahme,
firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday November 3, 2019.
Nominate an Idea
TEDxZurich isn’t a typical conference. The TEDx audience has high expectations of the speakers. Our speaker liaison team works with speakers well in advance of the conference to help shape a presentation that will succeed on the TEDx stage.
If you have an idea or know someone with an idea that belongs on the TEDx stage, we want to hear from you. Use this form to make your suggestion for a future TEDx Conference.
Do you feel like you have an idea worth sharing?