04 Apr Open Position – Head of Location
Do you want to be part of the TEDxZurich core team in charge of Location? Working to create a day of wonder, inspiration and awe in 2017?
TEDxZurich is part of the global TEDx program of self-organized events that bring people together in the spirit of ideas worth spreading. It also organizes events where TED Talks videos and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection.
Are you a perfect fit?
– You want to make a difference to your city, your country and the world you live in.
– You are keen to learn, enjoy and live an amazing experience as part of a team.
– You are creative, driven, organized, versatile and possess a positive, hands-on attitude.
– Manage and coordinate project needs & requests between event partners/suppliers and venue management (tpc);
– Create floorplan based on partnership agreements and organize the best logistical setup;
– Manage & communicate setup day, event day and teardown schedules with TEDx team, partners and suppliers;
– Decide the Food & Beverage menu with caterers for attendees, volunteers and onsite staff (consider #people, allergies, break times);
– Prepare signage with TEDx Designer – digital & physical onsite;
– Reflect on and manage the social spaces – how the space around the stage can work as a place for conversation, connection and coffee breaks;
– Prepare briefing for volunteers with Head of Volunteers;
– Develop the event experience concept (called Partnership Momentum in 2016) with the Co-Leads and Heads of Audience Experience, Partnerships and partners to ensure that event theme is reflected in all aspects; and
– Curate and manage audience experience with Co-Heads and (Heads of) Community Projects, Partnerships and Participants.
– Once the venue has been decided, the work starts in the spring / summer time. It requires a few hours of work a week but increases as we approach the event.
– May / June:
Workshop with Co-Leads, Audience Experience and Partner Heads to plan the best and most creative usage of the location.
Workshop with Partners and venue management to define event experience aligned with event theme.
Partners define their contributions, Head of Location aligns with venue management to bring contributions to live aligned with event theme and to provide the best Audience Experience.
HoL creates and provides logistics plan, schedule, floorplan to partners and venue management.
Coordination of requests & renderings from partners to the venue managers.
Set-up and rehearsal, Event and tear-down November 13-20.
We are a team of volunteers and depend on the commitment of each to make TEDxZurich a success every year. You are willing to invest time and commit to help the team beyond your main responsibilities. You will attend monthly team meetings and more in the run up to the event. You must also be reachable for the internal team communication throughout the year.
If the position appeals to you and you have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience, please send your CV and a short cover letter toPlease send your CV and a short cover letter to Nina Schneider firstname.lastname@example.org and Fareena Chaudhry – email@example.com by Friday 14th April.